From Ka-Map Wiki
Visit FOSS4G 2010 the conference for Open Source Software held in Barcelona, 6-9 Sept. 2010.
ka-Map! Documentation Wiki
- This Wiki is intended to offer support documentation for ka-Map developers, testers and users.
- Everybody is invited to contribute and please contribute with what you can, every new line is welcome. Wiki Editor User's Guide
- This web site hosted by ominiverdi.org
- ka-Map! official web site is ka-Map.MapTools.org
- ka-Map! was originally developed by, and most of it is Copyright (c) 2005, DM Solutions Group Inc.
- Installable on Linux, Unix and Windows operating systems with Apache, Mapserver, PHP and PHP Mapscript
- Interactive, continuous panning without reloading the page
- Keyboard navigation options (zooming, panning)
- Zooming to pre-set scales
- Scalebar, legend and keymap support
- Layers control
- Query layer data via point and click on the map
- Search for layer data and pan/zoom to that location
- WFS (POINT) client
- Ka-Map! 1.0 - published on Feb 2007
- Ka-Map! 0.2.0 - published on Feb 2006
- OpenLayers ka-Map Merge - to be developed - discussion page
- ka-Map! is released under an open source license, read it at http://ka-map.maptools.org/index.phtml?page=license.html
- Preparing MapServer
- Preparing ka-Map
- Testing the Basic Application
- Overlay API Reference
- Mapfile Reference
- MapScript API Reference
- What is ka-Map and why would I want to use it?
- Installing Apache/Mapserver/PHP/Mapscript on linux (installing FGS)
- Adding objects to map - object overlay
- Customizing the ka-map interface - You've just installed ka-map, set up your own mapfile, and now what?
- Optimizing performance
- Enabling Quantization Support
- Tooltip Manager
- Pre-caching system - pre-cache your image tiles for your map
- simple PHP code for searching
- Window Manager
- Print system
- Query - How to setup a ka-Map! point and click query information system using the maps legend "i" icon
- KAMAP MOUSE STOPPED - another query system using kaQuery.js focussed on POIs
- Search System - How to setup a search for layer data and pan/zoom to that extent
- Search By Filter Implementation - How to create a "Search by" dropdown menu using layers as elements of the list
- Maintain extents when changing maps
- Access Control using Basic HTTP Authentication
- Layers - How to setup layers to turn on and off in your ka-Map!
- KAMAP_MOUSE_STOPPED - Using KAMAP_MOUSE_STOPPED event
- AGG support - Enable AGG quality graphics support in ka-Map
- Tree Legend
- Mapfile Metadata Configuration - ka-Map! metadata configuration and reference, these settings affect ka-Map! viewing
- Adding International character support for layer names
- Mapfile Samples
Graphic Add Ons
- CVS committers Guidelines
- TO DO - developers (and users) should put their to-do items here.
- Documentation for Developers
- Platform/Browser Specific Notes